Date(s) - 14/02/2018
7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
The Dog Inn at Belthorn
Categories No Categories
Come and join us at this beautiful 300 year old community freehouse for a Mediterranean feast. Don’t bring anything to drink, you can purchase beverages at the bar and with every sip, slurp or gurgle you will help the Belthorn community to keep this exceptional pub at the heart of their community.
Please note before you book, if you have been to one of our events before you will know that we are all about great, fresh food made to be shared. The seating will be arranged in large communal tables and the food will be put in large dishes to be passed round, oohhed, aahhged and talked over, tasting new flavour combinations, and making new friends. Absolutely everything will be served, you can have it ALL, take as much or as little as you want and if you’re lucky you might go home with leftovers! This won’t be a typical intimate, romantic, private dinner for two but it will be great fun, so if you are not in a couple and just want to come alone or with friends please do. If you are vegetarian then let us know and we will make some extra dishes for you to replace the meaty ones.
- A large board of all things charcuterie, different types of salamis, olives, pickles and cheeses served with a variety of breads to tear and share.
- A layered trio of dips – hummus, yogurt with garlic, lemon and tahini and Muhammara (a Syrian roasted red pepper dip with cumin and pomegranate molasses). (V)
- Tortilla – A Spanish classic with only three ingredients, eggs, potatoes and onions but done well it is a miraculous thing. (V
- Homemade Labneh – a yogurt based soft cheese with olives, pomegranate seeds and basil – go on dip it in and give it a whirl. (V)
- Roasted Red Onions with a Walnut Salsa – Not sure this needs much explanation red onions are roasted and dotted with some soft goats cheese and drizzled with the walnut dressing, trust me this is one of the most popular dishes at dinner and disappears as soon as it hits the table. (V)
- Albondigas – you will always find these on tapas menus. The thing that makes these homemade beef meatballs special is the sauce. The meatballs are first fried in an onion and smoked garlic infused olive oil until golden brown then a slightly spicy sun dried tomato pasata is added. This is then simmered until reduced to a thick, picante, yummy deep sunny sauce.
- Chicken With Caramelised Onions and Cardamom Rice – this one pot wonder is a great way to cook chicken and rice together, the rice infuses with the chicken juices.And relax …..
Not one, not two but three puddings
- Chocolate and Guinness Cupcakes – dark, moist and velvety these will have you licking your lips.
- Strawberry and Champagne Meringue Kisses held together in an embrace with soft whipped cream (well it is Valentines Day!)
- Sticky Orange and Lemon Polenta Cake With a Zesty Citrus Drizzle – oranges and lemons are synonymous with the Mediterranean, gluten free, zesty and no calories (Ok there may be a few ….)
If you have room there will be three different boards of foreign and local cheeses some hard, some soft – so soft they are practically gooey served with grapes, walnuts, figs, jams, pickles and a plethora of biscuits. There should be at least 12 different cheeses in total so we will make sure that each board gets passed round all the tables.
Tea, coffee and after dinner mints.
For more details, and to book, please go to: https://www.wefifo.com/event/746107221441343